Purchasing Property: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Sanity Intact
We’re putting together a book to guide you through the process of buying property. The proposed content is as below:
We’d really appreciate your feedback and tell us if there’s anything we’ve missed, or anything else you, as a prospective purchaser, would like to see included.
- How much difference does a good solicitor make?
- What are the key steps of the process?
- What if you’re a cash buyer?
- What if you’re buying a leasehold property?
- What do you need to know about searches?
- What could complicate things?
- What do you need to know about the energy performance certificate (EPC)?
- How involved will the estate agent be?
- How much communication should you have with the seller?
- What do you need to know about stamp duty?
- What happens when contracts are exchanged?
- What should you do between exchange and completion?
- What happens on completion day?
- What happens post-completion?
- How long will it all take?
- How much does it cost to buy a property?
- What can you expect from your solicitor throughout the process?